General borrowing policies
Number of borrowed books and loan period
- You can borrow up to six books (students) or 12 books (staff) at any given time.
- The loan period is two weeks (students) or four weeks (staff).
- Loans can be extended twice, totalling a maximum period of six weeks (students) or 12 weeks (staff).
- Extending loans is only possible if the book in question is not reserved by another user.
Items excluded from borrowing*
- Reference books; i.e. dictionaries, encyclopaedias and encyclopaedic publications
- Periodicals; i.e. journals, magazines, newspapers
- DVDs, BluRay, CDs
- Books containing DVDs, BluRay Discs, CDs
- BI theses
- Design materials
*Exceptions can be made for faculty / staff members
Fines, suspensions, replacements
Fines for not returning or renewing items by their due date are as follows:
|1st overdue notice||One day after due date||0.25€ per item / day|
|2nd overdue notice||Seven days after due date||-|
|3rd overdue notice||Fourteen days after due date||Account / borrowing privileges restricted|
Suspension of borrowing privileges occurs if an item is not returned with 14 days past its due date. Borrowing rights can be restored after the return of items payment of fines.
Refund / replacement:
Please see librarian for refund or in case of lost items.